Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Shameful

Hello Everyone

I had to think long and hard about whether I should show you these pictures. As you can see, in most of them I am refusing to look at the camera.



You might remember that Syd went to Japan recently - on a 'work trip'. Well apart from singing karaoke until 4 o'clock in the morning, the other thing he did was to go shopping. And he found this pair of 'doggy dungarees' which he thought I might like. He probably thought that I might like them because he had been out singing karaoke till 4 o'clock in the morning and his brain was tired (no person of his age should  be out until that time really). It is undignified. Like these overalls. Syd was wrong.  I do not like them. Even if they do have a special hole for my tail. I am glad I don't live in Japan, if this is what dogs there have to put up with.


Last night Sarah thought it would be 'good fun' to put me in them and for us to wait for Syd to come home and surprise him. I was quite sleepy so I was not sure what was happening at first, I thought was getting a good backscratch and so there I was, lying on my mat with my eyes closed, thinking life was not so bad, and the next thing I knew, I was wearing a romper suit. With pockets. Well. You can see for yourselves how I looked. The next door neighbour who doesn't normally even talk to us, came out of his house especially to have a look, and  he laughed at me. He said I looked like one of the 'Hitler youth'.  Thank goodness Bodger was not on his porch to see me - I would have been the laughing stock of our street.

I waited for Syd and when he came home I gave him a very stern look. He did not seem to notice, and had to re-park the car several times because he was laughing so much. I am trying to rise above the S's and their childish behaviour, and retain some semblance of my doggy dignity. I am slightly concerned though, because Easter is coming this weekend, and there could be another opportunity for them to do another dress up. Rabbit ears or the like. You know the drill.

Well they had better not try it because this time I will be ready for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment